Fundamentals of our quality policy
Continuously enhancing quality is one of Astra Rail's most important strategic goals. We aim to satisfy and exceed the high expectations of our international customers on a long-term basis in the future as well.
To achieve this objective, we draw on our own expert department staffed by around 50 employees dedicated exclusively to quality assurance.The Astra Rail Quality Management System has naturally been certified in accordance with ISO 9001:2008, EN 14025, EN ISO 3834-2 and EN 15085. This is a field where Astra Rail works together with TÜV (German Technical Inspectorate). Astra Rail has also been certified under the Deutsche Bahn's HPQ and VPI.
The testing of the component groups manufactured is carried out by our specialist quality assurance team. The following certified testing laboratories are responsible for testing:
- Metrology Laboratory - BRML: EN ISO 17025 certified
- Physical/Chemical Laboratory- AFER (Romanian railway authority)
- Non-destructive testing in CNCAN laboratory
We also place great emphasis on the quality of components from our supplie
- Planning and coordination of approval procedures for suppliers regarding products and processes, as well as process capability
- Ensuring the acceptance of supplier materials and components
Aims of our quality strategy
- Improving quality in all segments
- Further training for employees
- Achieving of performance goals
- Customer satisfaction
We are proud of the positive ratings which our team is awarded for quality assurance by our customers' certifying bodies.
Quality assurance and process control
Testing procedures are carried out during the manufacturing processes in accordance with the inspection schedules specific to the individual products.
Tasks of Astra Rail quality management:
- Preparation, administration and control of the Quality Management System; documentation of implementation (QM Manual and Company Procedures)
- Procuring of external certifications for Astra Rail
- Planning and coordination of management system analyses
- Conducting of internal process and product audits
- Planning and coordination of product and process innovations as well as initiating approval procedures
- Quality performance analyses (key performance indicators)
TÜV Süd GmbH certifies Astra Rail Industries to ISO 9001:2008
Astra Rail Industries has had its Quality Management System successfully certified by TÜV Süd (German Technical Inspectorate). The Quality Management System complies with the international standards specified under DIN EN ISO 9001:2008.
With its seamless Quality Management System, Astra Rail Industries has set in place the prerequisites for securing the status quo and systematically optimising its high quality standards. We view our ability to deliver products and services to a high standard as an aspiration and an obligation towards our customers.
Other important certifications
- EN 14025: TÜV Süd
- EN ISO 3834-2: TÜV Süd
- DIN EN 15085-2: TÜV Süd
- DIN 27201-7: Materials Service
- EN ISO/CEI 17025: BRML
- TSI Cert (SB; SD and H1): Lloyd Register; Railcert; EBC Eisenbahn-Cert
- VPI: DB SCHENKER